Monday, November 15, 2010

Airplane Birthday

So as I get back to blogging, my goal is to share some useful cake tips, party ideas and cake troubleshooting!

I thought I would start with my son's 2nd birthday. My little man is obsessed with airplanes, so with that theme, and a cake airplane in mind, the party ideas took off ;)! With inspiration from Amy Atlas, I was able to figure out how to suspend the cake in mid-air!

A cake table with the airplane cake was the main attraction. Large paper lanterns are an inexpensive and whimsical way to frame the cake table.



The plane...


Simple touches like airplane jello jigglers, airplane cutout sugar cookies, and a dash of blue food coloring to ordinary rice krispies, added to the theme in a simply fun way.



Happy Birthday, to my favorite little man!

0 comments: