Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Amber and Charlie - TJ would be so proud!





I first met Amber and Charlie in February of this year when the fabulous Jennifer Carroll brought them in for a tasting. To say their wedding would be unique would be an understatement. They had requested a wedding cake in the shape of The Rotunda and I was thrilled to do something beyond the "traditional" wedding cake. To further challenge me, Amber wanted to surprise Charlie with a penguin cake...not just any penguin, but one that was wearing a "barong," the traditional formalwear of Filipino men. She emailed me a picture of what Charlie would be wearing and I took it from there. Meg Runion of Rob Garland Photographers, photographed all of the festivities...check out her blog for more pics of Amber and Charlie's special day. Thank you, Meg, for making my cakes look so great!