Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Argentine Delight!


When I met with Elena and her mother, I was a bit nervous at the prospect of recreating an Argentinian specialty. After all, mother knows best...but with her guidance and confidence in my abilities, a lovely and truly delicious cake was the result.

The cake Elena chose was lemon cloud. Her cake consisted of a layer of cake, which was then layered with dulce de leche and topped with crushed meringue cookies, another layer of cake, and then a sinfully delicious layer of fresh strawberries and cream, another layer of cake topped with more dulce de leche and meringue cookies, and finally a last layer of cake...phew! The whole thing was covered with vanilla buttercream and vanilla fondant and decorated with swiss dots and beautiful fresh orchids from Pat's Floral Designs. I think this is my new favorite flavor combination!

Elena and Drew are such a lovely couple as you can see from the amazing pictures from Jack Looney Photography. I wish them a blissfully happy married life! Thank you for choosing Maliha Creations to bring a little bit of Argentina to Charlottesville!

0 comments: