Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An artist gets her cake...


I met with Nicole, Matt and BOTH of their families for a tasting last year. What a fun bunch it was...they all had a great time mixing and matching and creating their own flavor combinations. When Nicole mentioned that she wanted to use my services after seeing a monkey cake on my website, I have to admit, I did wonder where we would go with her wedding cake! Turns out, both Nicole and her mom are very artistic and had an appreciation for the zany nature of that cake.

Nicole and Matt eventually chose a cake in traditional ivory fondant, draped with a shimmering drape and decorated with dozens and dozens of hand made edible gumpaste grapes. The effect was striking and worked so well at Veritas Vineyard.



Their cake flavors were Double Chocolate Cake with raspberry buttercream and fresh raspberries and whipped cream cheese frosting and Vanilla Butter Cake with dulce de leche filling and chocolate buttercream.

Congratulations, Nicole and Matt! I look forward to seeing you next year on your first anniversary!

Photos courtesy Jen Fariello

0 comments: