Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ecuadorian Delight!


My latest wedding cake was created for a lovely couple who recently married at Veritas Vineyard on one of the most beautiful days in March. This was one of the rare occasions that I did not meet with the bride...our tasting was with Alex, the groom, and both moms....and boy did we have fun! I could feel the comfort and familiarity of their relationships with each other and I knew that this marriage was starting off on the right foot.

Alex chose a Lemon Cloud cake with Mango curd and Raspberry buttercream with fresh raspberries embedded in the buttercream layer. The whole cake was covered in fondant and finished with a peacock ribbon and adorned with fresh flowers from Pat's Floral Designs.

This was also the first time I worked with Sasha Rothwell of Rothwell Photography and needless to say, I was blown away with her images! The stunning ballroom at Veritas was awash in a purple and blue glow and each of Sasha's images captured the lighting, the mood, and of course, documented the emotions so beautifully! I leave you with one of my favorite shots from Mary and Alex's wedding...check out more at Rothwell Photography Blog.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Anita! I wish I had met you during the planning time because Alex said his experience with you was amazing! Our moms too! They had the best things to say about your cakes and the tasting!

The wedding cake was SO beautiful! Even better when I had a slice to eat! I actually had a piece last night left over from the wedding. SO YUMMY!!!

Thank you for everything!! And yes Sasha's images are just amazing! A perfect documentation of our day!!

Anita Gupta said...

Oh, Mary, your wedding was just beautiful and you, of course, were a stunning bride! Thank you for allowing me a small part of your big day. Maybe I will meet you when you come back to Cville for your one year anniversary cake ;)! Lots of love and joy to you and Alex and best wishes for a long and blissful married life!

San said...

Hey Anita,

Glad to see your wonderful space ,iam one among baking enthusiasts .Iam awestruck seeing your blog with delectable cakes .You rock dear .Good luck .

http://sanscurryhouse.blogspot.com

Anita Gupta said...

Hey San...thanks for checking it out :)! Look forward to seeing your baked creations!