Sunday, April 10, 2011

A cake for a Virtuoso!

When my friend, Priya, asked me to design a cake for her daughter who was entering her teenage years, I knew it had to blow her socks off. Those of us who spend time with teenagers, know that it is harder and harder to impress them these days! I knew that the birthday girl was very skilled in the fine arts...dancing and music are her life loves and her equally talented mom encourages her along the way while indulging in her own art form via her vegetarian fusion blog, Priya Now Serving.

So, perhaps, while Priya was expecting a tiered confection with musical notes, I was dreaming of creating a life size version of a violin. After studying many images online, this is what transpired...




Happy Birthday, Samyuktha!!! I hope your teenage years rock :)!

Once again, this would not have been possible without the help of my amazing husband. So, thank you, dear Uday for your patience and expertise!

0 comments: